Mr Hannan, speaking on Fox News in the US, had said: ‘I find it incredible that a free people living in a country dedicated and founded in the cause of independence and freedom can seriously be thinking about adopting such a system.’
Mr Hannan, who has long campaigned for the NHS to be dismantled and replaced with a system of ‘personal health accounts’ once described the service as a ’60-year mistake’.
- Health row Tory Daniel Hannan: my critics are ‘asinine’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- NHS “a mistake” (timesonline.typepad.com)
- NHS row reveals the depth of Tory fissures (guardian.co.uk)
- A fair say for Daniel Hannan (tom-watson.co.uk)
- Tory MPs’ call to dismantle NHS (guardian.co.uk)