The Staten Island Republican Party’s executive committee unanimously endorsed former Long Island congressman Rick Lazio for governor last night, but former GOP Borough President Guy Molinari came out in support of Democrat-turned-Republican Steve Levy, the Suffolk County executive.
Image via Wikipedia
With polling continuing to show low public support for New York Gov. David A. Paterson, 2010 political watchers are shifting their attention to his fellow Democrat, Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.
In another sign that Cuomo is the consensus front-runner for the governor’s race, GOP gubernatorial hopeful Rick Lazio went after the popular attorney general Monday, putting out a press release condemning Cuomo’s decision not to continue an investigation into the hiring of state Sen. Pedro Espada Jr.’s son, Pedro G. Espada, for a job with the state Senate Democrats.
- Rick Lazio’s Comeback (themoderatevoice.com)
- Rick Lazio Governor Run In New York Planned, AP Says (huffingtonpost.com)
- Lazio: Departure of Espada’s son changes nothing (timesunion.com)
- Lazio pitches a unicameral legislature (timesunion.com)
- Albany Festers, and Voters Don’t Clean House (nytimes.com)