Image by Mira (on the wall) via FlickrThere’s a few still hanging on though. In the end, the few Democrats that stand strong against the Socialist Health Bill will be the ones to watch out for in 2011. They will be the most likely congressmen to switch parties if the Republicans gain control of the House in 2010 or come close to doing so.
The Energy and Commerce Committee will resume its markup of healthcare legislation Wednesday afternoon under a deal between Blue Dogs and House leaders, but there will be no floor vote on the legislation before August.
Delaying a vote until after August was a key demand of the Blue Dogs, along with reducing the cost of the bill by $100 billion and allowing states to create health “co-ops” that would compete with the government-run “public option” and private insurers.
- RUMOR: Health Care Vote Back On. “Democrats are growing fearful that August recess will turn the B… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Blue Dogs, White House, and House Leadership Strike a Deal (dailykos.com)
- “It is because of the Blue Dog Coalition that there is no floor vote before the August break.” (americablog.com)
- Daily Pulse on Health Care Politics (politicalwire.com)
- House Committee Reaches Health Deal (politicalwire.com)
- Obama Sticks to Health-Care Deadline, But Congress Seems Sure to Miss It (time.com)
- House leaders move forward on health care (money.cnn.com)
- You: Obama Sticks to Health-Care Deadline, But Congress Seems Sure to Miss It (time.com)
- House Progressives Rebel on Health Care; Tell Blue Dogs to Get Stuffed (campaignsilo.firedoglake.com)