Image via Wikipedia
Tensions between the neighboring South American nations also have been heightened over Colombia’s disclosure that three Swedish-made anti-tank weapons found at a rebel camp last year had been purchased by Venezuela’s military.
Chavez has accused Colombia of acting irresponsibly in its accusation that the anti-tank rocket launchers sold to Venezuela in 1988 were obtained by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC. Sweden confirmed the weapons were originally sold to Venezuela’s military.
- Hugo Chavez threatens military action in Honduras (telegraph.co.uk)
- Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez plans marathon TV talk show (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hugo Chavez cancels fourday show half way through (telegraph.co.uk)
- CIA ‘plot to kill Hugo Chavez’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Honduras Crisis Forces Obama to Focus on Latin America (bravenewfilms.org)
- Chavez orders ambassador back to Colombia (cnn.com)
- Hugo Chavez closes 34 Venezuelan radio stations (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hugo Chavez Deploys “Book Squadrons” (mediabistro.com)
- Hugo Chavez freezes ties with Colombia over weapons row (telegraph.co.uk)
- You: Dozens of radio stations shut down in Venezuela (cnn.com)