The leading contender for the Republican nomination is Hazleton Mayor Lou Barletta, who entered the race Dec. 9 to pursue a rematch of the 2008 race that Kanjorski won by just 3 percentage points. The incumbent ran well behind Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama , who won by 15 points in the typically Democratic-leaning northeastern Pennsylvania district that includes Scranton and Wilkes-Barre.
- Democrats’ Agenda Squeezed by 2010 Worries (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Wednesday’s Mini-Report (washingtonmonthly.com)
- MA-Sen: Could Coakley Lose? (dailykos.com)
- McCain: I’m ‘Arizona’s Last Line Of Defense’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ted Nugent: Barack Obama Is A Communist Who Should Be Put In Jail (alan.com)