“Wow, I really suck.” Image by roberthuffstutter via Flickr
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, visiting a Denver clinic for the homeless Thursday, insisted that Democrats are united in backing health care reform and brushed off a question of whether raucous, conservative-led protests against reform have hurt the effort.
“This is called the legislative process,” she said during a brief question-and-answer period after touring the Stout Street Clinic in downtown Denver. “There are differences of opinions. This is the democratic process. . . . This is a very big initiative, to change health care in America.”
- THE EXAMINER: Mr. President, Americans are not an ‘angry mob’. “They aren’t carrying swastikas, ei… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Pelosi: House Bill Will Have Public Option (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Pelosi: Protests won’t derail health care overhaul (huffingtonpost.com)
- Leading Blue Dog Democrat: Pelosi Does Not Have the Votes for Health Care Reform (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Commentary: The all-powerful August break (cnn.com)