Forty years ago, long-haired, incense-burning baby boomers were subjecting us to “The Summer of Love,” and they got all worked up and piled into VW micro-buses and drove out to upstate New York, rolling around in the mud and taking drugs, and generally alarming their parents with the threat of — I don’t know — communes. Now, it’s 40 years later, and gray-haired, incensed boomers are subjecting us to what I guess you might want to call “The Summer of Hate,” to judge from the pictures of people’s faces contorted with rage, calling each other names that they used to reserve for “The Man.” Now, instead of the peace and harmony, make-love-not-war thing, they’re getting all worked up and piling into tricked-out minivans and driving out to their congressional representatives’ offices, rolling around in their Medicare-provided scooters, yelling about the cost of drugs and generally alarming their parents with the threat of — I don’t know — health care.
Some Bitch Who Works at NPR
- Obama: Status Quo Will ‘Double Your Health Care Costs’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- The United States Is Fatter Than Ever (abcnews.go.com)
- White House Official Links Health Care Plan to Fiscal Balance (nytimes.com)
- Senators Investigate Hospital Purchasing (nytimes.com)
- Whole Foods comes out against health care reform, calls it “socialism” (americablog.com)