This is now favored to be another pickup for the Republicans in this year’s elections even without Governor Hoeven. What was just recently unthinkable keeps getting closer to a real possibility: The GOP could gain the 11 seats it needs to regain the Senate for the American people. In 1980, the Republicans picked up 12 seats, so it is not unprecedented in modern times.
Related articles by
- NoDak’s Dorgan won’t seek reelection (tech.bl0x.info)
- Senator Dorgan of North Dakota to Retire (nytimes.com)
- Dorgan won’t seek reelection to Senate in 2010 (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Dorgan says he will not seek re-election in 2010 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Dorgan To Retire (themoderatevoice.com)
- Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) is retiring (americablog.com)