The lone Republican who voted for the Democrats’ health care reform bill in November won’t support the final bill if it doesn’t have the same abortion restrictions that passed in the House.
A spokeswoman for Rep. Anh “Joseph” Cao, Louisiana Republican, said Tuesday that the lawmaker is concerned the language in the final bill is going to be closer to what passed the Senate, which he doesn’t support.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Are the national Dems about to commit political suicide? (horsesass.org)
- Obama: Don’t Jam Health Care Bill Through Before Brown Is Seated (alan.com)
- What Brown’s Election Means for Health Care (gardnersgate.blogspot.com)
- Barney Frank: Health care bill is dead, start again from scratch (americablog.com)
- Axelrod: ‘Finish Health Care’ (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Jim Webb: No Votes Until Brown Is Seated (trueslant.com)
- Massachusetts Offers Both Parties a Window of Opportunity for Health Care Reform (alankatz.wordpress.com)