Image via Wikipedia
On Monday, the president’s audience snickered, while he didn’t crack a smile, and it took a few moments for him to adjust to reading his remarks without looking to his left, where there was now just an empty pole.
On Tuesday, Obama was put to another test: throwing out his first pitch as president. He had practiced with Reggie Love. He got advice from Willie Mays. But the pitch was a bit of a lob and while it didn’t hit the ground, it also didn’t clear the plate, like Obama had wanted. It was fine. But not the impressive performance some expected from the athletic president.
Even his hometown paper, the Chicago Tribune, said he was “lacking in style points on his short southpaw lob to home plate.”
- President Obama Throws Out The First Pitch At The MLB All-Star Game (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Bats: Obama Throws a Wobbly First Pitch (bats.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Obama doesn’t bounce it (thestar.com)
- Obama, Willie Mays Discuss How Baseball Legend Paved The Way For The President (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- President Obama Goes Low With All-Star First Pitch (abcnews.go.com)