Erroll Southers, President Obama’s pick to head the Transportation Security Administration, withdrew today, claiming his nomination had become a lightning rod for those with a political agenda.
The decision was a blow for a White House already under fire by critics for its handling of the attempted Christmas bombing of an American airline.
- TSA Pick Withdraws (politicalwire.com)
- Long-stalled TSA nominee Erroll Southers withdraws due to Republicans’ political opposition. (thinkprogress.org)
- Obama’s TSA Nominee Withdraws (slog.thestranger.com)
- Obama’s choice to head TSA withdraws name (cnn.com)
- PUNCH: Obama’s TSA Nominee Withdraws (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Southers withdraws (powerlineblog.com)
- Erroll Southers continues heading south (powerlineblog.com)